Therefore, roasted mushrooms. A different, delicious and refined way of preparing The cheapest, safest and most available mushrooms.. Obviously, even the most noble porcini mushrooms can be cooked in this way, especially since Traditionally, this recipe was intended for porcini mushrooms.. And surely with porcini mushrooms the results are of another level… if you have the right porcini mushrooms (young and firm) and with very different costs. But also with mushrooms the recipe is delicious, as well as quick and easy to cook. The only effort required is to get up and go buy mushrooms…. which must be whole, very fresh and of the appropriate size, that is Not so big.
He mushrooms They are, by far, the most consumed mushrooms, because they are the most cultivated. However, they are considered almost second class: a kind of throwback compared to the noble and noble fresh forest mushrooms. The psychology of the consumer, or the mushroom seller, if you prefer, probably has something to do with this. So the mushroom picked on the store shelves must necessarily be less good than the one picked with sacrifice: getting up early, tiredness, humidity, mud, thorns…
However Champignons are common field mushrooms: an excellent variety of mushrooms., in some areas considered among the best in history. Even more so if it is cooked in the best way, as is the case with our roasted mushrooms.
Apart from any taste assessment of the different mushrooms, However, it is a fact that mushrooms have some advantages over all other mushrooms.. Including an important one, plus they can be harvested every day of the year without the sacrifices mentioned above.
By their nature, fungi (all, without exception) have the habit of absorbing and accumulating heavy metals and radioactive compounds present in the soil. What are they! More or less, depending on the area, but there they are! So much so that consumption frequent The use of natural mushrooms is often not recommended.
Instead, mushrooms are grown on carefully reclaimed and controlled land and can therefore be consumed with complete peace of mind, as often as you wish. They have no contraindications.
On the other hand, they have many advantages: very few calories (only 20 per 100 g), many proteins, a lot of fiber and a notable content of both mineral salts and vitamins.
Do I need to say more to convince you to cook these roasted mushrooms? Oh yeah! That Mushrooms are the most flexible mushrooms in the kitchen.. So if you don’t like roasted mushrooms you can eat them raw in salads, stuffed, grilled, as an ingredient in savory pies, flans and soufflés, fried, in crepes and in sauces.
The recipe that we propose is traditional. Friuli Venezia Giulia.
- 600 g whole, small mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Clean the mushrooms, wash them, dry them, then place them on the oven rack and set them aside. Meanwhile, turn on the oven to preheat it to 200°C.
- Chop the garlic very finely and let it brown over low heat in a large frying pan (it should contain all the mushrooms) with 5-6 tablespoons of oil
- Grate about a third of the lemon peel and pour it into the pan along with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Season with a tablespoon of chopped parsley and two sprigs of thyme (if you don’t have it, substitute 3 basil leaves or ½ tablespoon of chives). Complete with a pinch of salt, if you want add a piece of chilli and let it season.
- Place the mushrooms in the preheated oven and let them cook for 15-20 minutes. The exact time depends on the size of the mushrooms and their freshness. Adjust carefully: keep the grill at medium height and let them roast but not too much, so that they do not wrinkle noticeably. If your oven has a grill, use it: in this case, roast the mushrooms by placing them first on one side and then on the other.
- Remove the mushrooms from the oven and pour them while still hot into the pan. Mix delicately and finally complete the cooking on the stove, over moderate heat and covered, for 5 minutes, no more.
- Turn off the heat, add another tablespoon of parsley, mix well and let it rest covered until ready to serve hot.