Whiskey is one of the most popular alcoholic beverages in the world, with a wide variety of flavors and aromas that satisfy the most demanding palates. Anyone who is passionate about whiskey has probably already bought bottles of physical stores or of specialized bars. In this article we will explore the alternative of buying online and we will give useful details to take into account when deciding to buy whiskey online, specifically:
- The advantages
- The disadvantages
- How to do it
What are the benefits of buying whiskey online?
We can summarize the advantages of buying whiskey online in at least 5 points:
- more selection: When buying whiskey online, you will have access to a wider selection than in physical stores, as online stores often do. offer products from all over the world and to guarantee a wider offer. It is possible to find and buy a wide range of whiskeys, from the well-known brands such as Talisker or Jack Daniel’s, to the less common, including independent bottlers, unique selections and very small producers, even lesser known, such as Abasolo. Whiskey From Mexico, going through important whiskeys such as Laphroaig Lore, Tamdhu 18 Years, or Shizuoka Contact “S”. Origins among the most varied, from the most renowned nations such as Scotland, Ireland, Japan or America to overseas and more exotic, such as India or Taiwan.
- Comfort: buying whiskey online is extremely comfortable, since you don’t need to go to a physical store or visit multiple locations to find the bottle you want. Therefore, an initial time saving is evident. In addition, you can buy online at any time regardless of the opening hours of a physical store. And you receive the bottle directly at the desired address.
- Save of time and money: by buying whiskey online, you avoid having to queue at the store and spend time and money on whiskey travel and parking. In addition, online prices are usually cheaper than in physical stores, since online sellers do not have fixed costs that traditional stores have to face, such as the physical store where the bottles are displayed.
- Customer Reviews: When buying whiskey online, you have access to the opinions of other customers. It will be possible to compare them with those of other e-commerce sites in just a few seconds and verify their reliability. You will have the opportunity to comment on the opinions of other buyers who have used the service before and can therefore recommend or guide to choose the most trustworthy website both in deadlines and packaging, seriousness and care of the product, as well as assistance during the sale and after-sales. This will help to choose the right bottle, based on the preferences of tastes, aromas and aromas sought.
- Home delivery: buying whiskey online, you will be able to receive your bottle comfortably at home, and in the case of multiple and heavy purchases you will not even have to worry about having to load it on your means of transport and having to unload it once you arrive at your destination. In addition, often the costs of shipping is free if a certain purchase threshold is reached. Bottles are replaced in case of “very rare” breakage by the courier.
Are there any disadvantages to buying whiskey online?
It is worth considering some disadvantages of buying whiskey online, however, they can be easily overcome:
- impossible to taste: When buying whiskey online, it is not possible to try the product before buying. However, many online companies offer free samples or small tasting bottles to help decide which whiskey to buy.
- Delivery time: The delivery of the whiskey may take a few days, depending on the availability of the product and the place of shipment. But by planning your purchase in advance, you usually receive the product in a short time. Some sites guarantee delivery in 24/48 hours.
- You risk buying fake products: Buying whiskey online can carry the risk of buying counterfeit or counterfeit products. However, buying from reputable and reputable dealers, this risk is reduced. Some sites use online review communities (like Truspilot, Feedaty, or others) that let you know in advance about the reliability of the site and the experiences of other consumers.
How to buy whiskey online?
What tips to follow to buy a whiskey online?
Choose the right site: Before buying whiskey online, it is important to choose a reliable site. There are many options available, including specialized whiskey sites and big platforms of electronic commerce. It’s important to read reviews and check the site’s shipping and return policies before making a purchase.
Know the product: Before buying whiskey online, it is important to know the product you are buying. Reading reviews online and learning about distillery and whiskey characteristics can help you choose the right product for your preferences. In addition, it is good to check the alcoholic strength, the bottle and the aging time.
Who do we recommend?
Aquavitae.shop, for at least 4 reasons:
- Thermocontrolled warehouses for optimum conservation of all whiskeys.
- One of the largest selections in Italy, with around 1,000 labels available ranging from the best-known brands to the best whiskeys.
- Delivery times among the fastest.
- Probably the best reviews among various e-commerce, with 99.3% verified positive reviews for a total of 4.9/5 from 437 reviews (March 2023).
Leave a Reply