Ceremony of delivery of honors and mentions to the Carabinieri of the “Campania” Legion.
This morning in Naples, inside the courtyard of Honor of the Barracks named after V. Brigadier MOVM Salvo D’Acquisto, headquarters of the Command of the Carabinieri Legion “Campania”, a ceremony for the awarding of civil honors and mentions took place to 57 soldiers of the Arma who have distinguished themselves particularly in the performance of their institutional tasks.
The awards were delivered by CA General Andrea Rispoli, at the head of the Carabinieri Interregional Command “Ogaden”, accompanied by Major General Antonio Jannece, Commander of the “Campania” Legion. Present at the event were the Provincial Commanders of Naples, Salerno, Avellino and Benevento, from the Groups of Naples, Castello di Cisterna and Torre Annunziata, as well as a delegation of military and ANC representatives, along with relatives and friends of the winners.
General Rispoli expressed his great appreciation for the meritorious activity of the award-winning soldiers who carried out, with a spirit of sacrifice, self-sacrifice and high capacity, complex and detailed investigations to effectively counteract the criminal phenomena in the territory or who put their own security to the rescue and save to some people in serious difficulty, demonstrating high civic virtues, human solidarity and audacity. They are only a representation of the Carabinieri of all orders and grades that day by day make every effort in the various service activities and the Senior Officer took the opportunity to express his warmest gratitude to all of them who contribute to his daily actions. help. and protect the population. The work of the Carabineros, he reiterated, is a service to others, to always be carried out with passion, professionalism and altruism, also to strengthen the trust of citizens in the State. Specifically today were awarded:
– ten soldiers who, on separate occasions, in the Province of Naples and Salerno, with disregard for danger and a sense of duty, rescued various people in difficulty, trapped inside buildings and apartments engulfed in flames and thick smoke;
– two soldiers who in Ariano Irpino (AV), in November 2021, managed to save a woman who was about to jump from a viaduct more than 30 meters high;
– the staff of Tenenza di Pagani who, between 2020 and 2021, carried out a complex investigative activity that made it possible to dismantle a criminal group dedicated to the sale of drugs, with the arrest of around 70 people and the seizure of large quantities of drugs ;
– the soldiers of the Castello di Cisterna Investigation Unit who, between 2016 and 2021, defeated a fierce Camorra association dedicated to drug trafficking and the use of weapons, arresting more than 50 people and kidnapping 45 kg of drug;
– the Carabinieri of the Compagnia di Napoli Centro who, between 2017 and 2021, dealt a heavy blow to Neapolitan organized crime, with the execution of precautionary measures against more than 40 people, seriously suspected of mafia-type association, extortion, receipt of goods stolen, drug trafficking, possession of weapons and other crimes;
– The soldiers of the Torre Annunziata Investigative Corps who, between 2018 and 2021, at the end of a complex and detailed investigation against two mafia-type associations, arrested 31 members, seizing around 125 kg of marijuana, as well as movable and immovable property for a total value estimated at 50 million euros;
– the staff of the Compagnia di Castello di Cisterna who, in 2021, concluded a complex investigation against 26 members of fierce Camorra associations, seriously suspected of drug trafficking, weapons crimes, attempted murder and extortion.
At the end of the ceremony, General Rispoli encouraged the military to continue operating with commitment and determination in the interest of citizens and institutions, also thanking the relatives present for the constant patience and support that they guarantee to all the Carabinieri in carrying out this difficult and demanding service.
Leave a Reply