Sustainability is no longer a simple seasonal trend, but the future of fashion.
In fact, the fashion industry is evolving towards a circular production model and the event Ecoworld It is the place where industry leaders come together to accelerate this transformation.
In pavilion B3, in the heart of the “Textile District”, you will not only be able to admire the latest fashion creations, but also participate in a rich program of events that tell the story of an ongoing revolution: a fashion that is increasingly aware of the environment and the future of our planet.
If the fashion sector, from an economic point of view, achieves notable results (in 2022 the global increase in turnover was 32.4%, surpassing – according to data from the Confindustria Study Center – the 8 billion euros), It is also true that it continues to be one of the most polluting.
The data provided by the European Community highlights how In the Old Continent alone, the fashion sector generates 12.6 million tons of textile waste per year, and clothing and footwear alone contribute 5.2 million tons of waste. And actually, Only 22% of post-consumer textile waste is collected separately for reuse or recycling.: The remaining 78% usually ends up incinerated or in landfills.
Globally, the fashion sector is responsible for 10% of global carbon emissionsthe consumption of about 93,000 million cubic meters of water in production alone and the release of about 500,000 tons of microfibers into the sea.
These data become even more alarming according to the estimates prepared by the Brussels institutions, according to which The production of textile products is expected to grow by 63% by 2030..
New ethical trends
Therefore, to face these challenges, it is imperative promote ethical fashion trends.
AND Ecoworld offers an ideal setting to discuss and explore topics such as selective waste collection, reuse, recycling,ecological design and the fashion rental: Initiatives that aim to promote a sustainable transition within the fashion sector..
The event, in fact, highlights better practices AND case historiesand iconic brands such as LVMH Group, In love AND fendiand organizations like National Chamber of Italian Fashion AND Italian fashion systemtogether with Italian start-ups with a strong ecological footprint.
From this perspective, a tangible example represents Betterspecialized in giving new life to materials, or from shoes, which helps prepare shoe parts and materials for recycling. But also Textile Observatory will be a constant presence in this 2023 edition, focusing attention on advances in textile waste management by Italian municipalities and beyond.
Today Rimini becomes the capital of ethical fashion, proving that It is not just a style choice or a statement of intent, but a need to preserve our Planet for future generations..
3 minutes of reading
5 minutes of reading